Friday, September 27, 2013

Proverbs 27 5-6

Chris Brown has had to accept rebuke from many, but we can see how his mothers rebuke effects Chris. I think that this is another reason why our loved one's open rebuke of our sins and misdeeds has such a huge impact on us.

Proverbs 27 - Open Rebuke Hidden Love


5 Better is open rebuke than hidden love.

6 Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.

I was reading my daily bread and daily proverbs this morning when 2 of the verses just stayed with me throughout my reading.

I am glad that 5 and 6 go together in the eay they do. The first verse, 5, is like an intro into the the next verse, 6.  The reason why this is so important to me, personally, is that  an ex-girlfriend of mine, Christy, has turned out to be one of my very best friends. We often talk through facebook , about ALL of our problems. We have some important similarities between our lives I think, and we are very open and never judge.

Unfortunately, I have been going through some of my own problems lately, and was feeling like I havent been a very good friend. And I actually got upset the other day when something was said by Christy. I think that deep down I knew it wasnt anything to be worried about...but sometimes we can stray a little bit, letting other outside problems influence the way we treat others , as well as the way we "take" the things people say.

After reading these passages, it became so overwhelmingly clear that YES!! Open rebuke from my friend is FINE! Its that type of honesty that makes friends GREAT FRIENDS. And important friends. Just like we read about children, the same can be said for adults as well- sparing the rod means death. And even though it may be harder for adults to tell other adults there flaws, or wrongs or anything like that, it can be SO VERY IMPORTANT.

And as usual, after reading and praying, I feel AMAZING! And not just because I feel better about my good friend, but I think that when God opens our eyes and shows us ourselves, its these small experiences that help me build my faith throughout any and all setbacks and hurdles in life.

Dear Father, thank you for showing me and reminding me...AGAIN. I love you with all my heart and I only have you to thank for that...thank you Lord, in the name of Jesus, amen.

Hey fellow brothers and sisters,  my name is Joshua and i have created this journal as a simple way to go deeper into my thoughts and daily Bible reading. PLEASE feel free to add your thoughts! You never know who you might be helping :)

Have a great day and GOD BLESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment